Owned by Andrew Goodman of RSS and restored by our volunteers.
These 50 ton vehicles were built from 1952 and were a modified design of the LNER 40 ton Dolphins. They were built for carrying rail, sleepers and ballast and had drop down/removable sides and ends.
This Wagon DB994435 was built to diagram 1/647 in 1960 as part of lot 3265 at the BR Carriage & Wagon works in Lancing. It would originally have had removable sides and ends. It will be a very useful addition to the railway carrying track and sleepers for construction and maintenance. It was restored during 2016.